[Base] Proposal for buildrequires cleanup janitorial initiative

Phil Knirsch pknirsch at redhat.com
Fri Dec 20 11:09:34 UTC 2013

> On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 12:20:50PM +0100, Vít Ondruch wrote:
>> Dne 12.12.2013 18:50, Phil Knirsch napsal(a):
>>>
>>> Initiate build requires cleanup for base related packages in
>>> Fedora working with maintainers and the community. The goal is to
>>> reduce the number of self-hosting packages required for Base from
>>> currently over 2000 packages.
>>
>> Just a few (probably silly ;) ideas which comes to my mind reading
>> about this initiative:
>>
>> * It might be interesting to have some script, which tries to audit
>> BR, e.g. it removes all BR first and then adds them back as they are
>> required. This could reveal some BR which are actually not needed
>> anymore, but are listed among BR from historic reasons.
>
> auto-buildrequires:
>
> http://people.redhat.com/~rjones/auto-buildrequires/
>
> Rich.

Ah, i remember you talked about that before Richard. Thanks for the
link, i'll definitely be looking into that. If i have any patches that
i'd like to get reviewed shall i send them to you directly or is there a
ML somewhere where to send them?

Thanks & regards, Phil

--
Philipp Knirsch              | Tel.:  +49-711-96437-470
Manager Core Services        | Fax.:  +49-711-96437-111