Proposed F19 Feature: systemd features

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 06:29:57 UTC 2013

On 02/02/2013 02:39 AM, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 02.02.2013 03:08, schrieb Jóhann B. Guðmundsson:
>> When I meet a maintainer in the project that stated to me "I have to talk to my manager first" before upgrading his
>> "component" that rings alarm bells to me, That gives me the feel that they are maintaining their components as a
>> part of their job not because they want to scratch an itch and want to!
> jesus christ be gladful that companies like red hat are
> paying people for development of free software and if
> someone get paied for a job soemtimes he has to speak
> with his managers

It's not like RH gives other company's the alternative to sponsor the
project now does it....

>> I dont know about your parts but I grew up in environment where slavery is not accepted
> your definition of "slavery" is completly broken

If an RH employee is maintainer is maintaining a component in the
distribution and doing so because it's an part of his job but not
because he want's to I call that slavery especially when he has to go to
his manager to ask him if he is allowed to "upgrade" the component it to
it's latest release. Yes first hand I have experienced an RH employee
that has said I need to speak to my manager before he could upgrade the
component he was maintaining to the latest release and to me that's
pretty fucking alarming....

JBG