Proposed F19 Feature: systemd features

David Tardon dtardon at redhat.com
Sat Feb 2 07:33:58 UTC 2013

On Sat, Feb 02, 2013 at 07:06:12AM +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> On 02/02/2013 07:03 AM, David Tardon wrote:
> >On Sat, Feb 02, 2013 at 02:08:00AM +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> >>When I meet a maintainer in the project that stated to me "I have to
> >>talk to my manager first" before upgrading his "component" that
> >>rings alarm bells to me, That gives me the feel that they are
> >>maintaining their components as a part of their job not because they
> >>want to scratch an itch and want to!
> >There is a third reason for maintaining a component: it is a dependency
> >for another component the packager maintains. This is applicable for
> >_all_ packagers, be they from Red Hat or the community. You either
> >conveniently omitted this reason to make an argument or never thought of
> >it, in which case I respectfully ask you to butt out of this thread
> >because you do not know what you are talking about.
>
> Oh in my case it was an "primary" component no dependency that Red
> Hat maintainer could not update until he got approval but for the

You generalized one specific case to _all components of all Red Hat
maintainers_. When I rejected that generalization, you are counteracting
by claiming that my argument does not apply for that one _specific_
case. Sorry, but that is a faulty reasoning.

> sake of your argument and concision let's lower my IQ to an rock (
> which I do believe is 20 ) and say I dont have freaking flying idea
> what I'm talking about.

Is this sarcasm or a personal attack? I am not quite sure...

D.