Proposed F19 Feature: Cinnamon as Default Desktop

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky znmeb at znmeb.net
Sun Feb 3 16:50:31 UTC 2013

On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 12:46 PM, Peter Jones <pjones at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 04:25:05AM -0800, Dan Mashal wrote:
>> I'm sure QA, releng, docs, etc will go with what the community decides.
>>
>> Lets have a poll. A very public one.
>>
>> On the main website. Not somebody's blog. And let's let the users decide
>> what they want.
>
> Do we have any significant data that even a plurality of our *users* visit
> our main website on a regular - or any - basis?
>
> I have my doubts that all that many do, much less that we've got data that
> tells us that such a poll would result in meaningful data.
>
> --
>         Peter
> --

Do we have a team dedicated to goals and objectives for the website,
SEO, social media "marketing", analytics, key performance indicators,
marketing funnel, all that good stuff?

Fedora used to have Smolt and there are tools to figure out what
packages people use. There's no reason Fedora *can't* be data driven,
but there's a whole lot of "business" process stuff you'd need to
commit to for it to work without wasting precious energy and hours of
pointless arguments. ;-)

--
Twitter: http://twitter.com/znmeb; Computational Journalism on a Stick
http://j.mp/CompJournoStick/

The National Coal Institute reminds you, "There's no fuel like an old fuel."