Proposed F19 Feature: Apache OpenOffice

Peter Boy pboy at barkhof.uni-bremen.de
Mon Feb 4 00:37:09 UTC 2013

Hi Martin,

Am Donnerstag, den 31.01.2013, 13:28 +0100 schrieb Martin Sourada:
> Also, since Apache took over OpenOffice.org and put it out of
> incubation, it seems the development has been progressing rather well
> and in a different direction than LibreOffice. While both started from
> the same point, they're going to be different office suites with
> different feature sets, different UIs, different devs, etc.

I hope it's not to far OT: Could you give a link about the (future)
differences between OO and LO (besides the Symphony donation / Symphony
UI), especially the different feature set?

I tried Google hard but couldn't find distinctive information.

By the way: As I learnt on Linux Day last year, LibreOffice still
depends on OpenOffice and is in the process to rebase their code to
OpenOffice 3.4 (or something alike). So I'm wondering about different
set of features.

Thanks
Peter