Proposed F19 Feature: Cinnamon as Default Desktop

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Mon Feb 4 05:49:05 UTC 2013

Matthias Clasen wrote:
> - Cinnamon started out as 'using GNOME components', but it is [now] a full
> fork of mutter, gnome-shell and nautilus, at least, and bug-fixes are not
> going either way...

Those are applications which form the workspace, not random "components".
I'm fairly sure that when they speak about reusing GNOME components, they
really mean the libraries and the standalone applications, not the
workspace.

(For those familiar with KDE, what they're forking is only the GNOME
equivalent of kde-workspace and not all the other components of GNOME.)

        Kevin Kofler