Mass changing 500 packages BR:maven to BR:maven-local - TOMORROW(ish)

Stanislav Ochotnicky sochotnicky at redhat.com
Mon Feb 4 09:56:23 UTC 2013

Now that I have your attention...

Fedora Maven package is currently a mix of upstream release and our changes that
we need for building RPMs. We can clean it up, but we need to move packages from
BR: maven to BR:maven-local. That will enable users to install Maven package
without installing a lot of other stuff they don't necessarily need.

This change will not affect buildroots because maven-local pulls in maven
package.

The only issue is: there's mass rebuild scheduled for 8.2. I would like to
rebuild Maven packages before that. We have a modified mass-rebuild script that
can do the change of maven -> maven-local automatically. Strictly speaking this
change is also breaking current Java guidelines, but I believe for the better
(change proposal should be up today/tomorrow, with SIG meeting following).

I am looking for a blessing from a community to do this change
tomorrow/Wednesday so that F19 is even more awesome :-) Is there anyone who
feels strongly against this change? I realize this is very short-notice, but
I believe disruption this change will cause is nil.

--
Stanislav Ochotnicky <sochotnicky at redhat.com>

PGP: 7B087241