polkit changes in f19

Florian Weimer fweimer at redhat.com
Mon Feb 4 15:31:10 UTC 2013

On 02/04/2013 08:52 AM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Matthias Clasen wrote:
>> I just realized that there is a change to the way polkit is packaged in
>> f19 that spin maintainers should be aware of: the polkit package is just
>> the service, which only provides the default policy as specified in the
>> action definitions now. If you want or need support for js rules, you need
>> to pull in the polkit-js-engine package. I've just made this change for
>> the desktop spin.
>
> I added the dependency to kde-settings, which ships a .rules file.

Are packages really expected to ship .rules files?  I don't think so:

"Authorization rules are intended for two specific audiences

     System Administrators

     Special-purpose Operating Systems / Environments

and those audiences only. In particular, applications, mechanisms and
general-purpose operating systems must never include any authorization
rules."

<http://www.freedesktop.org/software/polkit/docs/latest/polkit.8.html>