Proposed F19 Feature: Cinnamon as Default Desktop

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Feb 5 03:36:41 UTC 2013

On Mon, 2013-02-04 at 21:49 -0500, Orcan Ogetbil wrote:

> Honestly, what kind of benefit to the community do you expect from a
> user who gets confused just by looking at a couple nice screenshots
> and reading some brief explanation? Have you ever met such a person
> (incapable of understanding two sentences but useful to the
> community)? Don't you think regarding your users this way a tad
> disrespectful?

It's an *initial* state, not a never-changing one. When I first decided
I was going to try Linux, I wanted to try Linux. I wanted exactly what
our download page gives you - a simple link to a thing called Linux I
could download and fiddle with. I'm not sure I wanted my first encounter
with the Linux world to be a boxout explaining to me what KDE and GNOME
were and asking me to pick one or the other. These things are obviously
things I came to learn about later, but they're not the most fascinating
topic to deal with when you first decide you want to play around with
this here Linux thing.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey