Proposed F19 Feature: Cinnamon as Default Desktop

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Feb 5 04:37:58 UTC 2013

On Mon, 2013-02-04 at 20:35 -0500, Jon VanAlten wrote:

> tl'dr: Please leave the straw man "new users won't be able to
> decide" argument at the door, there's a way around it if we can
> think about the *best* way to do it, rather than the *worst*.

It's not really a straw man, though. Just about every popular distro
doesn't make the user pick a desktop before they can download.
Simplifying download pages is something many distros have done, and been
happy with the results of.

You say to ask the excellent UI-oriented people: we did, and they
designed the download page. One of the things they explicitly wanted to
do was stop forcing people to make five choices before they could
actually download anything.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey