Proposed F19 Feature: Apache OpenOffice

Peter Boy pboy at barkhof.uni-bremen.de
Tue Feb 5 09:19:36 UTC 2013

Am Montag, den 04.02.2013, 13:34 +0100 schrieb Michael Stahl:
> how exactly does LibreOffice "depend" on OpenOffice, and what do you
> mean by "OpenOffice" in this context?

As I understood the discussion at Linux Day last year the LibreOffice
rebase is not only about changing Licence headers but substantial code
of the Apache OpenOffice project as well. So it is Apache Open Office
LibreOffice seems to "depend" on (whereas "depend" may be bit strong
given the combersome and delicate relation between the projects and I
would like to withdraw this part of my post).

Therefore, if the projects share a substantial code base, I'm wondering
about the "different direction of development and different feature
set", Martin wrote about. And I would like to learn about those in
greater detail.

> in the
> hope that they will stop wasting everybody's time with the current
> duplication of efforts and stupid politics.

Yes, I would like to see all participants leaving the former conflicts
invoked by Oracle politics (and to some extend by Sun as well) behind
and build a constructive cooperation as hard as it may be for those who
are highly engaged in the projects for years.

> for more info see:
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Re-Basing

thanks for the link, very informative for me.

Thanks
Peter