Proposed F19 Feature: Apache OpenOffice

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Wed Feb 6 12:33:45 UTC 2013

On 02/06/2013 02:36 AM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> About the "soffice" alias, it still breaks parallel installation in F18
> (just tried, the desktop integration from OpenOffice conflicts with
> libreoffice-core). It seems that the upstream LibreOffice packages no
> longer use the "soffice" alias (at least, the desktop integration only
> installs "libreoffice3.6"),

Yeah, looks like
<http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=b1cf810a8e7342ad5d518528fd58266daf6e90ec>
"LibreOffice branding: make desktop integration work (fix2)" dropped the
/usr/bin/soffice symlink from the upstream LO packages, for reasons that
escape me---maybe it was just ignorance or an oversight.

 > while the upstream OpenOffice packages still
> use "soffice". Are Stephan's concerns about legacy applications still
> valid?

The concerns about applications using the interface I described (not
sure what you mean with "legacy," though) still hold.

Stephan