Proposed F19 Feature: Cinnamon as Default Desktop

Olav Vitters olav at vitters.nl
Wed Feb 6 12:56:07 UTC 2013

On Tue, Feb 05, 2013 at 08:06:51PM +0100, Reindl Harald wrote:
> what makes me rellay angry (as one who never used and will use
> GNOME and i knew GNOME 1.0 and KDE 1.0 as well where most users
> of today not heard about linux at all) is that the GNOME developers
> did NOT learn ANYTHING by the KDE4.0 disaster and that distributions
> are not straight enough to show ignorant upstream "if you think you
> can abuse all your users by present a completly different desktop with

Please also look at all the changes we made and are making based on the
feedback we have gotten over the various releases. It is often listed in
the release notes, blogged about, etc. Extension system is a bit
forgotten in the announcements, but that went from fully experimental to
beta in just a few releases.

--
Regards,
Olav