udisks in rawhide

Jamie Nguyen j at jamielinux.com
Wed Feb 6 17:08:37 UTC 2013

On 05/02/13 16:41, Tomas Bzatek wrote:
> FYI, the old-generation udisks package has been made orphan in rawhide,
> nothing should be really using it nowadays. There's udisks2 (with
> incompatible API) as a supported method for handling storage.
>
> Is anybody still using udisks, the first generation? I see a few from
> quick repoquery check. Maintainers please check if it's possible to
> use/port to udisks2 instead.
>
> # repoquery --whatrequires udisks
> bashmount-0:1.6.2-4.fc18.noarch
> emelfm2-0:0.8.2-1.fc19.x86_64
> exaile-0:3.3.1-1.fc19.noarch
> liveusb-creator-0:3.11.7-2.fc18.noarch
> wmudmount-0:1.13-4.fc19.x86_64
> yumex-0:3.0.10-1.fc19.noarch
>
> (please keep me on Cc: when replying)

bashmount is a script I wrote ages ago (back in my Arch Linux days when
I was obsessed with being able to do everything via the command-line).
I've not used it in a while, nor have I had the time/motivation to port
to udisks2 (which has been bottom of my TODO list for some years). I'll
likely orphan it. Does orphaning it on rawhide also remove it from the
repository?

Thanks.

--
Jamie Nguyen