Non-responsive Maintainer: mediawiki

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Fri Feb 8 20:15:46 UTC 2013

Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> This package is a bit difficult to "fix". One it has custom patches
> that upstream doesn't accept. Two the fix is to upgrade to a very new
> version which will break everyone who upgrades until they (or the
> first person who gets to the website :) ) runs the upgrade mode..
> which might not work due to either custom changes or the fact that it
> is a large upgrade change.

Stephen,

1. The two patches are for hard-coding defaults. We shouldn't be in the
business of doing this. I've dropped the two patches in my 1.19 build.
2. The upgrade mode is executed for the user when they upgrade by a
post-install scriptlet. In any case the upgrade procedure is no
different from an upgrade in PostgreSQL or any other app that requires
user-interaction on upgrades. This is no reason to keep mediawiki at 1.16.

I don't see any reason to keep mediawiki at 1.16 other than a NRM.

If any FESCo member wants to orphan the package I'll push the update ASAP.