Proposed F19 Feature: Cinnamon as Default Desktop

Debarshi Ray rishi.is at lostca.se
Fri Feb 8 21:12:45 UTC 2013

> I know this applies, but installing gnome-shell pulls in gdm.
>
> I.e. removing gdm without removing gnone-shell is not possible.

Because gnome-shell (running in a special mode) is nowadays the greeter used
by GDM. That does not mean GDM won't let you log into KDE if you have it
installed.

As for GDM requiring gnome-shell, I don't think it should come across as
surprising because GDM is GNOME's display manager. If you dislike GNOME so
much then get yourself a different display manager.

Cheers,
Debarshi

--
If computers are going to revolutionize education, then steam engines and cars
and electricity would have done it too.  -- Arjun Shankar