Non-responsive Maintainer: mediawiki

Pete Travis lists at petetravis.com
Fri Feb 8 21:36:57 UTC 2013

On Feb 8, 2013 12:54 PM, "Stephen John Smoogen" <smooge at gmail.com> wrote:
. Two the fix is to upgrade to a very new
> version which will break everyone who upgrades until they (or the
> first person who gets to the website :) ) runs the upgrade mode..
> which might not work due to either custom changes or the fact that it
> is a large upgrade change.

> --
> Stephen J Smoogen.

I haven't poked at mediawiki in a while, so please correct me if I'm wrong,
but isn't it fairly self contained? I recall copying the content from
/usr/share/ to /var/www/ then localizing. Having a new version shouldn't
break existing deployments unless they are served out of /usr/share/, and
that doesn't seem sane. The update would then be available, not imposed.

--Pete