Proposed F19 Feature: More Mobile Broadband

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sat Feb 9 10:37:15 UTC 2013

Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> In Scope I see "KDE's networking layers likely require an update to use
> the new API, as will any other direct client of ModemManager. However, the
> functionality that most networking applets require from ModemManager is
> fairly simple,"

Ouch, good that you noticed that.

So I'd like to ask:
* Does upstream for kde-plasma-networkmanagement (Lamarque Souza) know about
this yet?
* When is support in upstream kde-plasma-networkmanagement expected to land?

I'd really like to avoid another NM-0.9-style fiasco!

Seeing how kde-plasma-networkmanagement is a critical component of the
release-blocking KDE spin, this feature really needs to be blocked on
kde-plasma-networkmanagement support for the new API.

        Kevin Kofler