Proposed F19 Feature: Replace MySQL with MariaDB

Remi Collet Fedora at FamilleCollet.com
Sat Feb 9 18:47:33 UTC 2013

Le 09/02/2013 19:08, Alfredo Kojima a écrit :
> Hi Remi
>
> About bundled 3rd party libs, what is the general feeling among packagers about these?

Per packaging Guidelines, bundled libraries are forbidden
(with very rare exceptions).

See https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:No_Bundled_Libraries

So, for MW, we use the system libraries for

	cppconn (mysql-connector-c++)
	ctemplate
	tinyxml
	antlr-runtime
	(fedora >= 17, else version is too old, but f16 is EOL)
	boost
	curl
	libsigc++
	yassl

And ASAP : vsqlite++

mysql-utilities and mysql-connector-python are also packaged separately.

> Whenever we need to use a 3rd party lib that no distribution ships,
we're stuck thinking whether it's better to ship it ourselves or just
leave out everything, forcing users and packagers to fetch them
externally. Can you shed some light?

Having bundled libraries in upstream tarball is fine, as far as it is
used only when system library is not available (or by configure option)

Remi.