[Heads Up][Boost] Build of dependent packages before the massive rebuild

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Sun Feb 10 03:10:58 UTC 2013

On Sat, 9 Feb 2013 20:26:04 +0100
Denis Arnaud <denis.arnaud_fedora at m4x.org> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> AFAIK, the next massive rebuild is scheduled for the 12th February,
> 2013. Moreover, as you may know, Boost-1.53.0 has been successfully
> built already (thanks to Petr!) on Koji:
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=382788
>
> So, as a few of you have already suggested, it may be a good idea to
> rebuild all the dependent packages of Boost before the massive
> rebuild. I intend to begin that process shortly. So, a few packages
> may be broken until the full process is over. If some packages are
> broken, we will have to submit bug requests.

So, as some of you may have noticed, things didn't go as smoothly as we
would have liked. ;(

The new boost was tagged in and prep work done, commits pushed and
rebuilds started. However, the newrepo task that added boost to the
buildroot got stuck and it never landed. ;(

So, any pending builds were canceled and resubmitted.
Any builds where they finished were bumped again and resubmitted.
So, hopefully everything is back on track now.

There will likely be some fallout tomorrow due to dependencies (foo
needs bar before it will rebuild). Hopefully we can clean that up
quickly. ;)

kevin