Recent ABRT changes

Jakub Filak jfilak at redhat.com
Mon Feb 11 11:09:50 UTC 2013

ABRT changes since version 2.1.0

In an effort to simplify ABRT's reporting workflow we have decided to move the
default dump location from /var/spool/abrt to /var/tmp/abrt.

Users didn't have write access to dump directories located in /var/spool/abrt
and in order to provide writable directory for the reporting we had to move a
dump directory from the dump location to ~/.cache/abrt/spool.

By now, we give users ownership of dump directories located in /var/tmp/abrt.
By this change, we got rid of moving dump directories from the dump location to
user's home.