Proposed F19 Feature: More Mobile Broadband

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Mon Feb 11 15:45:58 UTC 2013

On Mon, 2013-02-11 at 09:42 +0000, Jaroslav Reznik wrote:
> On Saturday 09 of February 2013 11:37:15 Kevin Kofler wrote:
> > Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> > > In Scope I see "KDE's networking layers likely require an update to use
> > > the new API, as will any other direct client of ModemManager. However, the
> > > functionality that most networking applets require from ModemManager is
> > > fairly simple,"
> >
> > Ouch, good that you noticed that.
> >
> > So I'd like to ask:
> > * Does upstream for kde-plasma-networkmanagement (Lamarque Souza) know about
> > this yet?
> > * When is support in upstream kde-plasma-networkmanagement expected to land?
> >
> > I'd really like to avoid another NM-0.9-style fiasco!
> >
> > Seeing how kde-plasma-networkmanagement is a critical component of the
> > release-blocking KDE spin, this feature really needs to be blocked on
> > kde-plasma-networkmanagement support for the new API.
>
> I've already pinged the rest of RH KDE guys and I think jgrulich was
> interested in this project, better to recheck it ;-)

We'll make sure it happens.  I'm sure Lamarque is pretty busy, so any
help appreciated.  Most of the work would happen in kde-workspace to
create a new Solid control for MM 0.8 in solid/, and could be based off
the old work but using the new dbus interface.  Happy to help out with
whats changed and any questions on the new D-Bus interfaces.

Dan