Mass Rebuild for Fedora 19

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Mon Feb 11 22:33:51 UTC 2013

On Sat, Feb 09, 2013 at 11:19:10AM +0000, Peter Robinson wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 9, 2013 at 10:44 AM, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> wrote:
> > Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> >> Additionally we will be mass patching config.guess and config.sub to
> >> support aarch64 in preperation for 64 bit arm support
> >
> > Ugh, this really shows how bundled autocrap sucks!

I have to agree with Kevin here ...

> > How are you going to determine the packages that need patching? Anything
> > running autoreconf, ./autogen.sh, KDE 3's "make -f admin/Makefile.common
> > cvs" or similar should not need patching (and in fact, IMHO, this should be
> > a requirement for autotools-based packages, exactly for this reason!).

... and also anything that doesn't have config.guess/config.sub, which
appears to be a lot of my packages for some reason.  IIRC these files
are only used/needed for cross-compiles aren't they?

> Nor should anything that's run their "make dist" tarball process with
> the latest tools.

Do you know which version of autoconf introduces aarch64 support?

Rich.