Proposed F19 Feature: Usermode Migration

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Mon Feb 11 22:33:56 UTC 2013

Matthew Miller wrote:
> Is it possible to configure utilities with the equivalent of UGROUPS=wheel
> without per-application javascript policy? Currently, we do this with
> /etc/security/console.apps/config-util.
>
> As I understand it, the javascript policy mechanism is not supposed to be
> used at the OS vendor level. But I don't see a way to do this in the
> .policy XML files either.

Yeah, kde-settings does this with JavaScript (for kcm_clock) and I don't
think we have an easier method available ever since the support for the
simple .pkla files got dropped.

Maybe, now that this is handled by plugins, we should write a polkit-pkla
plugin to handle this with the old simple format?

        Kevin Kofler