ConsoleKit and esound retirement

Lennart Poettering mzerqung at 0pointer.de
Wed Feb 13 21:38:39 UTC 2013

On Wed, 13.02.13 12:58, Dan Mashal (dan.mashal at gmail.com) wrote:

> Sorry if I sound ignorant but:
>
> No. I meant fedora 20 rawhide. What is the problem with keeping it?

There is no Fedora 20 rawhide.

I don't want to maintain it, and I want to put the pressure on the
few holdouts to finally port things over.

> Are we just trying to break something different every time we release a new
> version of Fedora?

Yes, of course. We are inherently evil people, who just hate other
people. We have no interest in making Fedora better, and are exclusively
lead by our deepest interest to make everybody's lifes as miserable as
we can.

> Regardless, do you know exactly what depends on consolekit and what
> doesn't? Have you gone through every package?

Please go back to mail #1 of this thread, thank you.

> If so, great but my main question is who is it hurting right now? Let's
> spend some more time to plan doing something like this. Again, just because
> other distros do it is not a good enough reason.

What do other distros have to do with this? It's *my* intention to get rid
of CK, I am upstream of it, and downstream too.

I will retire this next week, unless somebody steps up to take it over
pretty soon who really thinks his time is better spent on CK rather then
just fixing the remaining packages which use it (and as mentioned,
exorcising CK from packages is rather simple usually, as in most cases
you will just delete code, not add new code).

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.