ConsoleKit and esound retirement

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Wed Feb 13 23:15:54 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
> On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 11:38:42PM +0100, Michael Scherer wrote:
> > However, I have already removed consolekit on my F18 without any
> > notable
> > issue, so I do not think any breakage would be blocking. We have
> > the
> > whole F19 cycle to find and detect the few packages needing fix.
>
> Is this the kind of thing that would have been better done as a
> feature,
> similar to the Usermode Migration feature?

This is really just the tail end of a migration that has largely already happened. Writing a feature for it now would be a little late, imo.

But what I really wanted to say is: thanks for seeing this through to the end, Lennart. Too often we don't complete these transitions, and then the remnants of old, half-broken infrastructure linger forever... In the place of ConsoleKit, /etc/X11/xinitrc-common is such a place - we should remove the mentions of ck-xinit-session from there for F19.

Matthias