ConsoleKit and esound retirement

Miloslav Trmač mitr at volny.cz
Thu Feb 14 12:59:45 UTC 2013

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 11:50 PM, Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 11:38:42PM +0100, Michael Scherer wrote:
>> However, I have already removed consolekit on my F18 without any notable
>> issue, so I do not think any breakage would be blocking. We have the
>> whole F19 cycle to find and detect the few packages needing fix.
>
> Is this the kind of thing that would have been better done as a feature,
> similar to the Usermode Migration feature?

Per https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Policy/Definitions#Definition_of_a_Feature
item #2, I think so.  It would also have ensured that the release note
won't be forgotten about.

(I can't really buy that
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/ckremoval automatically
applies to F19 - and the feature page is rather unclear on whether
ConsoleKit was actually planned to be removed in F17.  It's really not
obvious from the feature page that it was "only" not installed by
default.)
    Mirek