ConsoleKit and esound retirement

Lennart Poettering mzerqung at 0pointer.de
Thu Feb 14 17:16:56 UTC 2013

On Thu, 14.02.13 03:26, Dan Mashal (dan.mashal at gmail.com) wrote:

> Not knowing too much about CK itself but out of concern for anyone
> that uses CK (including myself) I will be happy to take over
> ConsoleKit as the package maintainer for F19 if it means keeping it in
> for 1 more release to maintain compatibility.

That's the spirit! "I don't know too much about it, but I want to
maintain it"...

But anyway, if that is indeed your wish, then I can hand it over. But
please, don't let this stuff bitrot forever. That would help nobody. If
you want to take care of it, fine, but please make sure the remaining
packages using it get their stuff updated and fixed...

What I want is that "yum distro-sync" removes the package eventually.

Anyway, I will release the Rawhide/F19 version now in pkgdb, please take
possession of it. It's yours now.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.