/usr/lib/debug ownership

Alec Leamas leamas.alec at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 19:33:46 UTC 2013

Running some automated tests I stumble over the debug directories. E. g.,

$ repoquery -qf /usr/lib/debug

shows 45 owners on current F18. Other directories under /usr/lib/debug
have  a similar situation with many owners..

I note that /usr/src/debug is owned by filesystem, but filesystem does
not own /usr/lib/debug.

Is all this on purpose, or is something broken here? Thinking about it,
we never require anything for the debug package AFAICT. What's the story?

--alec

PS. Yes, I repeat this message. Looks like it wasn't sent somehow :(