Request for a firewalld secondary DHCP + PXEBOOT HOWTO

Pete Travis lists at petetravis.com
Fri Feb 15 17:07:12 UTC 2013

On Feb 15, 2013 6:39 AM, "Aaron Gray" <aaronngray.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> Pete,
>
> Yeah that's the easy bits, they need details too. The bit I have yet to
find out how to do is to forward HTTPS and DNS ports between the
primary internet network and the secondary DHCP BOOTP network on
192.168.1.x. I had this working on Shorewall but have taken the time to
work it out on iptables or firewalld ideally and was hoping for a quick fix
without having to reread iptables docs or learn firewalld configuration.

> Cheers for the link,
>
> Aaron

Port forwarding is simply and clearly documented in 'man firewall-cmd'.
Unless you're looking for masquerading, which is easily done per the man
page as well. I believe there are some firewalld docs in the works, fwiw.

Serving the installation repository from an outside network is a use case
straying from the norm; I wouldn't consider the installation guide lacking
because it does not document it.

--pete