/usr/lib/debug ownership

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Fri Feb 15 17:50:28 UTC 2013

On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 11:15:40 +0100
Michael Schwendt <mschwendt at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 14 Feb 2013 20:33:46 +0100, Alec Leamas wrote:
>
> > PS. Yes, I repeat this message. Looks like it wasn't sent somehow :(
>
> As I had replied to the earlier message ;) here just a mention that
> I've reported the mispackaged nacl-devel:
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/911405

Sadly our lists server is swamped with all the mass rebuild scm emails.

It should catch back up soon now I hope.

Anyhow, I think this would be an excellect case for someone to:

- make a script to identify all the packages that are broken and
  shipping debug stuff.

- mass mail maintainers to fix it.

- check again, then file bugs on the ones that aren't fixed.

- Ideally get some provenpackagers on board with going in and fixing
  them.

kevin