Mass closing EOL bugs should not close bugs with pending updates

Tadej Janež tadej.janez at tadej.hicsalta.si
Sun Feb 17 13:46:06 UTC 2013

On Sun, 2013-02-17 at 12:02 +0100, Christoph Wickert wrote:

> I found that a couple of F16 bugs were closed by endoflife at fp.o even
> though there were pending updates for F17 and F18 to fix them. As a
> result, the bugs are now closed WONTFIX even they were or are going to
> be fixed.

What you describe is another example of strange behavior of the Fedora
EOL Closure script.
I discovered two related problems that I described three days ago:
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2013-February/178649.html

Since then I found a page that describes the Fedora 16 EOL Closure
procedure:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/HouseKeeping/Fedora18#Fedora_16_EOL_Closure

It says that the bugs with "version == Fedora 16" and "status != CLOSED"
are subject to automatic closure. Could you give an example of a bug
that you described?

Does anyone know where to see the source of the EOL Closure script?

Best regards,
Tadej