Mass closing EOL bugs should not close bugs with pending updates

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Mon Feb 18 14:58:18 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
> Hi Rezza,
>
> Jaroslav Reznik wrote:
> > I removed the "clone" part as most people were screaming [1] - but
> > for
> > this case it's probably the best resolution - close F16 as WONTFIX,
> > and
> > properly close F17 and F18 bugs (just the overhead...).
>
> As one of the people who were screaming ;-) , I'd suggest just
> reopening the
> bug and setting Version to 17 or 18 rather than cloning it.

You see I used "overhead" ;-) Technically it's the most correct
resolution - updated for Fx refers to Fx bug, could be closed in a
different time, could be closed without resolution.

But just reopening and bumping version reflect more current status
quo and how we treat it. Text changed.

Actually I wonder if we can find the discussion which lead to the
cloning version.

Jaroslav