Should MariaDB touch my.cnf in %post?

Pierre-Yves Chibon pingou at pingoured.fr
Mon Feb 18 15:37:15 UTC 2013

On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 02:59:01PM +0100, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> On Sunday 17 February 2013 at 20:42:07, Reindl Harald wrote:
> > "which fool has written" was not and is not offending
> >
> > in EVERY situation in real life the question to the quote you stripped
> > would have been clearly "Welcher Trottel hat dann die Feature-Page
> > geschrieben" in my native language, even if my boss himself did it
> > and even knowing that he did it i would ask him in this way
>
> +1
>
> Living in Vienna too, I can confirm this.

The problem with cultural differences which writen communication exacerbates is
not what you meant to say but how people receive it.
I can treat my friends of assholes and laugh about it, I can treat you of dum
and you will feel insulted.

So if someone complains about the way you communicate, sometime you can say
"come on, that's not what I meant and you are kind of really putting words in my
mouth" but sometime you have to say (especially if several people complained at
repeated occation) "sorry, I did not meant to be offensive and I'll try to work
on my wording".

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure
you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.” (Robert McClosey
apparently)

Pierre