Should MariaDB touch my.cnf in %post?

James Hogarth james.hogarth at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 16:23:00 UTC 2013

> hard to say which tools users have running which are
> built against MySQL 5.5 and not part of fedora and
> if they break, and yes for users this is a topic beause
> the distribution / OS for the user is a platform for
> his work and tools and not the one and only

Ah but the context of the feature proposal and of this change is current
MySql 5.5 in F18 to MariaDB in F19 ...

You keep bringing up the bump needed in 5.5.10 but that's out of context
for this - anyone running against less than 5.5.10 would not be relevant to
this discussion (as they'd have a similar issue updating to any MySql
release that is 5.5.10 or higher) and that would not be a F18 to F19
upgrade...

For users who have tools that work with current the current MySql 5.5
release there is full compatibility whether you mean by API, ABI, server or
client libraries or files... it is only those users that are in context for
this discussion.

If you have a specific example of this not being true then I'm sure the
MariaDB guys would love to see the bug report to fix that - otherwise this
is just a matter of discussion outside of the scope of the change and based
solely in the hypothetical.