Proposed F19 Feature: Apache OpenOffice

James Hogarth james.hogarth at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 17:25:34 UTC 2013

> Apache Openoffice has no connection to Oracle

No it has more of a link with IBM - but I'm not talking about who the
corporate sponsor is but rather the principles involved...

In the MySQL thread Oracle had to be given a reminder about friendship
being an important principle... and here we are in the other divisive
thread where another group might do with a reminder...

But this is the silliest nitpick from my question which is surrounding the
next steps for AOO, how the conflicts will be resolved and how the package
is being treated (pick up an orphaned package or a new package) plus who
the maintainer(s) will end up being.