Should MariaDB touch my.cnf in %post?

Andrew Rist andrew.rist at oracle.com
Tue Feb 19 01:13:29 UTC 2013

No, it's not crippleware - it's the world's most popular open source
database software.
MySQL Community Edition is available under the GPL license and is
supported by a huge and active community of open source developers
[1].   Among the many recent improvements are some substantial
performance improvements delivered in MySQL 5.6 [2].
We're interested in user choice, and we want do what we can to help
create the best possible user experience for those users that choose to
use MySQL with Fedora.
Andrew

[1] http://www.mysql.com/products/community/
[2]
http://dimitrik.free.fr/blog/archives/2013/02/mysql-performance-mysql-56-vs-mysql-55-vs-mariadb-55.html

--

Andrew Rist | Interoperability Architect
OracleCorporate Architecture Group