Should MariaDB touch my.cnf in %post?

Sergei Golubchik serg at mariadb.org
Tue Feb 19 10:08:55 UTC 2013

Hi, Adam!

On Feb 19, Adam Williamson wrote:

> > A lot of new features - yes, undoubtely.
> > Performance improvements - questionable.
> > This link shows a very different picture:
> > http://blog.mariadb.org/sysbench-oltp-mysql-5-6-vs-mariadb-10-0/
>
> I'm not sure we need Oracle and Maria tossing grenades at each other. I
> think we're all broadly aware of the character of both products and able
> to apply whatever derogatory mental labels we feel appropriate =)

I didn't mean to toss grenades or apply any labels,
I'm sorry if it looked that way.

I only wanted to quote wikipedia without stating my own opinion.
And to point out that benchmark results are controversial [1] for
yet unknown reason.

But, of course, it's obvious that MySQL 5.6 has a tons of new features,
as compared to MySL 5.5, this can not be disputed.

Regards,
Sergei

[1] also http://www.mysqlperformanceblog.com/2013/02/18/is-mysql-5-6-slower-than-mysql-5-5/

P.S. Frankly speaking, I didn't realize I was replying to an Oracle
employee :) Thanks for poining it out!