64-bit stat (or not) in 32-bit Fedora binaries

Mamoru Tasaka mtasaka at fedoraproject.org
Wed Feb 20 04:25:50 UTC 2013

> On Tue, 19 Feb 2013 20:13:23 +0900, Mamoru TASAKA wrote:
>
> > Well, cifs-mounted filesystem already returns such large inode, and xscreensaver
> > already suffered from this issue.
> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xscreensaver/+bug/609451/comments/11
>
> About your recent comment there on AC_SYS_LARGEFILE being used in a later
> release, that only makes modifying CFLAGS unnecessary if config.h is
> included before sys/stat.h - it seems some programs don't do that and
> build with the wrong stat().

Well, actually all files except for one file which use stat series include config.h
directly or indirectly before sys/stat.h, and while it is preferable that one rest file
(using fstat()) is fixed, this one file is currently dead. Also I checked xscreensaver
binary rpms with ./summarize-stat.pl and the result was all okay (using
xscreensaver 5.21 i686 binary rpms).

Regards,
Mamoru