Remove echo-icon-theme from fedora

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 10:47:15 UTC 2013

On Sun, 24 Feb 2013 02:31:24 -0800
Dan Mashal wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 2:28 AM, Heiko Adams <heiko.adams at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I'd request to remove the echo-icon-theme package from Fedora for
> > several reasons:
> > - it's missing support for xdg folders
> > - there's no noteable developement action upstream (last monthly
> > news is from february 2009)
> > - the current version shipped by fedora is a nearly 5 years old git
> > snapshot.
> > --
> > Regards,
> >
> > Heiko Adams
> > --
>

> +1
I'm upstream. -1. While the development is currently rather stale I'm
in the middle of transition from echo-icon-theme to echo-perspective and
while the transition is in progress I still depend on the old echo.
Some work in progress:
http://mso-chronicles.blogspot.cz/2012/12/designing-echo-icons-again.html

Plus, as I'm also a user of echo-icon-theme I would like to have it in
repos ;-) I plan to add echo-perspective to repos when it has some
basic coverage ready and retire echo-icon-perspective when all its
icons are redesigned for echo-perspective (that's my current
intention, in the past I was pondering with the idea of working on
both).

If that makes you happy, Heiko, it wouldn't be much of a problem for me
to add a couple of symlinks to work-around the issue with xdg-folders. I
don't see a terrible need for them to look different than plain
folders...

Martin