Most buggy packages

Jiri Moskovcak jmoskovc at redhat.com
Mon Feb 25 13:59:01 UTC 2013

On 02/25/2013 02:11 PM, Ian Malone wrote:
> On 19 February 2013 10:33, Miroslav Suchý <msuchy at redhat.com> wrote:
>> I was curious what is the most buggy [1] package in Fedora and I made this
>> chart:
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/bx6brjh
>>
>> Click on "Total" and you get it sorted from most buggy to least buggy. (I do
>> not know if this sort flag can be made part of URL).
>>
>> Lazy to click? Here is Top 10:.
>>
>> Component       NEW     ASSIGNED        TOTAL
>> Package Review  943     384     1327
>> kernel          884     118     1002
>> gnome-shell     619     15      634
>> anaconda        463     85      548
>> xorg-x11-server 439     15      454
>> yum             335     14      349
>> python          334     5       339
>> tracker         294     8       302
>> control-center  205     1       206
>> rhythmbox       202     1       203
>>

> I'm sure this is useful (as are the ABRT crash statistics mentioned by
> Jiri Moskovcak), but it is of course skewed towards packages most
> people use. There are probably very few users who don't use the kernel
> for example, so describing it as 'most buggy' is probably a bit
> unfair.
>
> (...and I never could get 'Package Review' to run ;) )

- yes, the naming is a bit unfair, the stats are not meant to point
fingers or blame some package for being unstable, it's meant to show
which packages causes the most problems so we could focus on them
- of course it depends on how much it's used, but that's exactly the
point, it can be *just one* bug, but if it affects thousands of users
it's *the important one*

--Jirka