how to enable/disable use of drpms in Rawhide's new yum

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Feb 28 22:19:26 UTC 2013

Am 28.02.2013 23:06, schrieb Andre Robatino:
> I noticed that drpm support is now built into yum and that yum-presto is
> obsoleted. I don't see anything in the yum man page or the standard config files
> on how to control whether drpms are used. Can it be done without
> installing/removing the deltarpm package?

says who?

[root at srv-rhsoft:~]$ rpm -qa | grep presto
yum-presto-0.9.0-1.fc18.noarch

[root at srv-rhsoft:~]$ cat /etc/yum/pluginconf.d/presto.conf
[main]
enabled=1
# Uncomment the following line if you don't want your deltarpms to be deleted
# after the new rpms have been created
# keepdeltas = true

# This lets you change if the delta is downloaded given it's relative size vs.
# the pkg. Eg. setting:
#
# minimum_percentage = 95
#
# ...means that given a pkg of 100M, a delta of 95M (or less) would be
# downloaded instead but a delta of 96M would be skipped in favour of the pkg.
# Percentage of 0 means never use the delta, percentage of 100 means always
# use it (assuming the delta is never bigger than the pkg).  The default is 100.

# This lets you set the number of threads to use for applydeltarpm processing,
# the default is number of cores/cpus on machine. 0 gives default number of threads

# number_of_threads = 0