GRUB2 packages, fedup

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Tue Jan 8 19:33:26 UTC 2013

On Jan 8, 2013, at 12:22 PM, Chris Murphy <lists at colorremedies.com> wrote:

> What package is responsible for writing the file /etc/default/grub? Because a prior EFI system with grub-efi, which of course doesn't have an /etc/default/grub, doesn't have it after a fedup upgrade, and still doesn't have it after manually installing either the grub2 or grub2-efi packages.
>
> I do have /etc/grub.d/ files, which is part of one or both of those packages.

Looks like anaconda normally produces /etc/default/grub, and fedup wouldn't be expected to do that since it's also not upgrading grub-efi to grub2-efi.

So then the question is if a future version of fedup is expected to do grub-efi to grub2-efi upgrades? Or if that's the realm of a new installation?

Chris Murphy