Boost 1.53.0

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Wed Jan 9 20:49:48 UTC 2013

On Wed, 09 Jan 2013 21:34:46 +0100
Petr Machata <pmachata at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> as every release, we (the Boost maintainers) intend to rebase Boost
> for Fedora 19.  The targeted release is 1.53.0.  The plan is outlined
> on the feature page [1].
>
> Boost 1.53 is not out yet (it will be on February 4).  Beta is out,
> but I don't think it's a good idea to rebase to that.  With Boost,
> there's no guarantee that the ABI will stay stable from beta to
> final.  We would have to review whether any ABI-breaking changes were
> made, which is annoying enough by itself, and we would possibly end
> up re-rebuilding clients anyway.  So while we may _package_ beta (for
> purposes of local testing, scratch builds and such), I don't think we
> should push it to Rawhide.
>
> I'll write again when things progress further.

Thanks for all this work and thanks for using a side tag (there are a
lot of boost packages for sure).

I know the last cycle the boost tag was merged back in and there were a
lot of packages that still needed rebuilding. For this cycle, do you
have any provenpackagers in your feature owners that could just make
sure all the packages are rebuilt? It would be nice to merge in
something that doesn't have very many/if any broken deps in rawhide.

Thanks,

kevin