[rawhide] colord pulling in 32bit packages on 64bit installs

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 21:23:16 UTC 2013

On 10 January 2013 20:58, Kalev Lember <kalevlember at gmail.com> wrote:
> But the better solution I was thinking of is to split colord packaging
> into two: one package with the shared library (colord-libs) and another
> package with the daemon (colord). With a setup like this, only the
> library subpackage would get multilibbed and the daemon package would
> not. And then we could make the non-multilibbed daemon package obsolete
> shared-color-profiles.

This makes sense to me, on the assumption we can somehow mark the
arch-specific daemon package as non-multilibbed. I must admit I'm not
sure on how all this stuff works.

> As to how feasible this is, I guess that's a question to Richard. Can
> the 32 bit colord library talk to the 64 bit daemon?

Sure, it's just using D-Bus and the odd bit of fd-passing, so it
should work just fine. I can work on this tomorrow if you want, of if
you want to play, please just jump in a fix rawhide tonight for me.

Richard.