Drop of the "libjpeg-turbo jpeg8 ABI" feature

Adam Tkac atkac at redhat.com
Wed Jan 16 16:14:26 UTC 2013

Hello all,

after discussion with libjpeg and libjpeg-turbo upstreams I decided to drop the
"jpeg8 API/ABI" feature and include only jpeg6 API/ABI. The main reason is that
libjpeg upstream didn't present any valid argument for post-jpeg6 changes and
libjpeg-turbo is not going to port all post-jpeg6 changes. The thread with
related discussion is on
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=30352465

I'm going to build the libjpeg-turbo pkg with jpeg6 API/ABI and then I will
start with rebuilds of all dependent packages. This can probably happen during
Friday.

Any comments are welcome.

Regards, Adam

--