Status to make btsfs to the standard filesystem of Fedora

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Wed Jan 16 18:50:00 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 10:12:34AM -0800, Zach Brown wrote:
> > So there are a couple of issues with btrfs which I believe absolutely
> > must be fixed before it can become the default
>
> I'd agree, though I'd have a different list of pet bugs.
>
> But that's a subjective judgement.  I'd be the first to admit that I'm
> pretty risk averse, especially when it comes to losing data and
> rendering machines unbootable.

I think both of us are making a subjective judgement.  For myself, I
"want to believe" in btrfs, having championed immutable
state/wandering trees, and real databases for many years.

BUT I'm deeply unhappy about data corrupting bugs being effectively
ignored by upstream for months.  That's not good.

Rich.