Changing bugz.fp.o's alias (again)

Ralph Bean rbean at redhat.com
Fri Jan 18 16:19:49 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 05:11:34PM -0700, Jerry James wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 10:45 AM, Ralph Bean <rbean at redhat.com> wrote:
> > I've since done some work to fix bugs and speed up the new app and would like
> > some feedback if you could provide it.  It is up in our staging environment
> > at:
> >
> >     https://apps.stg.fedoraproject.org/packages/
>
> I tried looking up a package I maintain, gap.  The pages certainly
> look nice.  The main page shows that the latest build is
> 4.4.12-5.fc18, which hasn't been true since September.  Does the
> staging environment have a snapshot of data from a few months ago?

It does.  Technically the packages app doesn't maintain any state
outside of its 5 minute JSON cache, but it is querying bodhi in which
is operating on an older snapshot.  One could check it to verify at
https://admin.stg.fedoraproject.org/updates

> I tried clicking on the "Relationships" tab, since I didn't know what
> that was.  It thought deeply for about a minute, and then said:
>
> "Error loading the data for this page element"

The "Relationships" tab relies on some data that's not available in
stg, unfortunately.  If you check the production instance, I believe
it does work:
https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/gap/relationships

> I clicked on the "Changelog" tab.  It said:
>
> "This package has no Changelog entries."
>
> ... which is false.  If that's due to limited data in the staging
> environment, then no problem, otherwise there's a bug somewhere.

Correct!  :)
https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/gap/changelog

> I clicked on the "Contents" tab to see what is in there.  It has been
> doing its sparkly "Loading...." thing for several minutes now with no
> obvious signs of progress.  What is that supposed to show?

It should show the files installed when you install the package, for
example:  https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/gap-core/

> Are comaintainers shown anywhere?  I can't seem to find a list, except
> by clicking through to pkgdb.

No, but that's a good idea.  I've created a ticket for it; we'll have
to figure out how to fit it into the UI smoothly.
https://fedorahosted.org/fedoracommunity/ticket/406

> Just a little spelling note, since the word is on every page:
> "caching" does not contain an "e".

Doh!  Thanks for that.  It is fixed in git now.