Proposed F19 Feature: Developers Assistant

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Wed Jan 30 11:27:48 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
> Le lundi 28 janvier 2013 à 15:27 +0100, Jan Zelený a écrit :
>

> > Currently we are working on some proof-of-concept stuff. But as an
> > example, you
> > can imagine a script for creation of C program templates. You will
> > specify
> > directory where it should create the program and (possibly) some
> > specifics,
> > like "I want to use threads" or "I need glib support".
> >
> > On output of that script you will have a template of C program with
> > Makefile
> > and you can start coding right away, no need for preparing the
> > environment
> > first.
>
> Something like https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Quickly ?

And I'd say - not only Quickly as a tool but what do we need more is
something like http://developer.ubuntu.com/ (and yes, Quickly is part
of it). Same did Nokia with Harmattan Developer web.

Documentation, how to start (based on the tools we provide), guides,
how to's should be the main part of this effort.

Jaroslav