Proposed F19 Feature: Apache OpenOffice

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Jan 31 16:54:46 UTC 2013

Am 31.01.2013 17:43, schrieb Miloslav Trmač:
> On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 5:37 PM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson"
> <johannbg at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 01/31/2013 04:38 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:

>>> That would be the default between MariaDB and Mysql. Which are (at
>>> least for now mostly) compatible. So, if a package can use that
>>> interface, we prefer them to use MariaDB. They can't use both at the
>>> same time.
>>
>> Which fesco members is going to handle those changes?
>
> The MariaDB feature includes using provides/obsoletes on the "mysql"
> names, so the transition should be automatic for most packages.

with provides/obsoletes it would be IMPOSSIBLE to install mysql
because ANY update to the mariadb package would replace it

if this would be true the decision could only made by people
never in their life built RPM SPEC-files with Provides/Obsoletes
to replace installed packages

Obsoletes: dovecot-mysql
Provides:  dovecot-mysql

was used by me two days ago for my private dovecot-builds to
no longer spilt out "dovecot-mysql" to a seperate apckage as
the fedora one does